||Clara Suraski, of Toronto, Ontario
||On September 26, 2017, three charges under the Canada Elections Act were filed in the Provincial Court of Ontario. The charges resulted from an investigation into events that took place during the 42nd federal general election in 2015.
||Clara Suraski was charged with:
- requesting a second ballot, after having already voted;
- willfully applying to be included on a list of electors for a polling division when she was already included in a list of electors for another polling division; and
- willfully applying to be included in a list of electors for a polling division in which she was not ordinarily resident.
||On December 10, 2018, Clara Suraski pleaded guilty to the first charge.
||Sentenced to a conditional discharge with one year probation and 75 hours of community service.
- On March 28, 2019, the Crown appealed against the sentence imposed by the Ontario Court of Justice.
- On October 23, 2019, the appeal was dismissed.