||David Berlin, from Toronto, Ontario
||On October 22, 2020, two charges were sworn under the Canada Elections Act and the Criminal Code in the City of Toronto. The charges resulted from an investigation by the Commissioner of Canada Elections.
- David Berlin, former leader of the deregistered Bridge Party of Canada, was charged with causing the official agent of Karim Rizkallah, a Bridge Party candidate in the electoral district of Ottawa West—Nepean, to provide the Chief Electoral Officer with an electoral campaign return containing false or misleading information.
- David Berlin and his brother Daniel Berlin were also facing a joint charge of fraud under the Criminal Code.
- As part of the legal proceedings, the file was referred to the Commissioner of Canada Elections by the Public Prosecution Service of Canada (PPSC) pursuant to subsection 517(7) of the Act.
- On September 13, 2021, David Berlin entered into a compliance agreement with the Commissioner.
- On January 31, 2022, the charges against David Berlin were withdrawn by the Crown.